The purpose of the research is to investigate the prospects of using the new breeding number of tetraploid buckwheat Ustymivska tetra 1/2017 (UT 1/2017) for the ability to increase the vegetative mass in comparison with the diploid variety.
Methods of research. Experiment was laid in 2017. Buckwheat variety Ukrainka was used as a standard. The investigated variety and standard were sown with ordinary narrow-row and wide-row methods (15 and 45 cm, respectively), with different seeding rates of 300, 400 and 500 seeds / m2 and for three terms (12 May, 14 June and 17 July). Amount of the green mass was determined during the flowering phase for all three terms of sowing.
Results. According to the data obtained under optimal conditions, the variety of buckwheat UT 1/2017 formed in 1.5-2 times a greater green mass of plants in comparison with diploids Ukrainka at a level of 4.05-7.05 kg of green mass per 1 m2, which, in terms of per 1 hectare is 85-100 tons and indicates its suitability for repeated and stubble crops if there is sufficient moisture in the soil. The greatest influence on the productivity of the variety in the experiment had the sowing period. A high level of yield at the first planting date indicates the most optimal conditions for the productivity of buckwheat vegetative mass in this period. The row spacing also affects the yield. Thus, with a wide-sowing planting (45 cm), the density of plants was optimal when sowing 500 pcs/m2, and for a narrow row - 300 pcs/m2, at which the maximum yield of green mass was formed - 6.77 and 7.05 kg/m2, respectively.
2. Taranenko L.K. &Yatsyshen O.L.(2014). Pryntsypy, metody i dosyahnennya selektsiyi hrechky (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) (Principles, methods and achievements of buckwheat breeding). Vinnytsya: TOV Nilan LTD, 2014.-218 (in Ukrainian).
3. Dubovik E.I. Breeding of Polyploid Buckwheat in Belarus: Results, Problems, Directions / Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Buckwheat, Prague 2004, P.202-206 (in English).
4. Alekseeva E.S., Malina M.M. & Taranenko L.K. (2005). Kultura grechihi (Buckwheat crop growing). Ch.1. Istorija kultury, botanicheskie i biologicheskie osobennosti (The history of crop, botanical and biological peculiarities). Kamenec-Podolskij, publisher: Moshak M.I. (in Russian).
5. Taranenko L.K., Yatsyshen O.L., P.F., Karazhbej & Trigub O.V. (2002). Osobennosti adaptivnosti i produktivnosti ekologo-geograficheskih grupp grechihi (Peculiarities of adaptability and productivity of ecological-geographic groups of Buckwheat). Sb. tr. mezhdunar. konf. posvjashhjonnoj 30-letiju Nauchno-issledovatel'skogo instituta krupjanyh kultur (Proceeds of 3-rd international conference dedicated to 30-th anniversary of Scientific-research Institute of Groats Crops) – Kamjanec-Podolskij: Abetka , 181-187 (in Russian).
6. Yatsyshen O.L., Taranenko L.K. Perspektyvy vyroshchuvannya hrechky v Ukrayini (The perspectives of buckwheat growing in Ukraine) Zbirnyk naukovykh prats NNC “Instytut zemlerobstva NAAN”. – P.93-98 (in Ukrainian).
7. Savytskyy K.A., Yashovskyy I.V., Laktionov B.I & Bahnenko V.K. (1968). Krupyani kultury (Groats crops). Vydavnytstvo «Urozhay» Kyiv. (in Ukrainian).