The article presents the results of scientific research on the effect of soil treatment intensity on weed infestation and the yield of oat and pea field grain in single-species and mixed crops for organic production during 2013-2015.
From the minimization of the autumn plowing of the soil (replacement of autumn plowing by 20-22 cm in autumn small discs by 10-12 cm), the weed infestation of oats in the tillering phase increased from 15 to 25 pieces / m2 or by 67%.
At the time of ejecting panicles from oats from the combination of pre-emergence loosening of the soil with autumn plowing and autumnal small discs, the weed infestation decreased on average in three years - by 30 and 24%, respectively.
Soil cultivation reduced the weediness of crops and largely affected the yield of oats and peas field in both single-species and mixed crops.
The maximum grain yield of 2,61 t / ha was provided by a variant where autumn plowing by 20-22 cm was supplemented by loosening the soil 6-8 cm in single-species oats. The maximum total yield of grain of oats and peas field was 2,69 t / ha, when mixed crops were sown.
2. Budonnyi Yu. V & Shevchenko M. V. (2002). Vplyv dovhotryvaloho zastozuvannia riznykh sposobiv osnovnoho obrobitku gruntu na zminu zaburianenosti ta urozhainosti kultur lanky sivozminy [Influence of long duration application of different methods of basic till of soil is on the change of weediness and productivity of cultures of link of crop rotation]. Zaburianenist posiviv ta zasoby yii znyzhennia. Kyiv, 7–11.
3. Ivashchenko O. O & Kunak V. D. (1998). Chomu zrostaie potentsiina zasmichenist poliv [ Why is the potential debris of fields growing ]. Zakhyst roslyn, 7, 24–25.
4. Ivashchenko O. O. (2000). Herbolohiia: Napriamky doslidzhen [ Herbology: Research areas]. Zakhyst roslyn, 4, 3–4.
5. Kyryliu V. P. (2003). Efektyvnist systemy obrobitku chornozemiv opidzolenykh u lantsi zerno–prosapnoi sivozminy pravoberezhnoho Lisostepu Ukrainy [Effectiveness of the systems of the basis cultivation of podzolized chernozems in the grain row–crop rotation link of the right–bank. Ukrainian Forest–Steppe]: Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv, 21.
6. Maliienko A. M. (2013). Mekhanichnyi obrobitok gruntu yak zakhid borotby z burianamy u suchasnomu zemlerobstvi [ Mechanical soil treatment as protection of weed control in modern agriculture ]. Mater. IU Mizhn. Konf. Kyiv–Illintsi. Kyiv, 62–75.
7. Masyk I. M. (2009). Mekhanichni ta biolohichni zakhody znyzhennia potentsiinoi zaburianenosti rilli v umovakh livoberezhnoho Lisostepu Ukrainy [Mechanical and biological measures of reduction of potential plough-land infestation under the conditions of left-bank forest-steppe of Ukraine]:Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv, 20.